Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT with 13914 miles on it

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT with 13914 miles on it Saturday when I went to start it the key turned all the lights came on on the dash but nothing happened it started a little bit later I drove the car and as I was coming home cruising at about 25 miles an hour the check engine light came on shortly thereafter the car died I had to have it towed home it turns over but won't start I have a Kenne Bell blower on it and a snow methanol injection kit I I disconnected the methanol kit because the controller started smoking a couple of weeks ago so I'm not injecting meth while I drive I baby the car rarely drive it all 8 ignition coil secondary circuit codes are reading am I looking at an expensive fix or is it just a short somewhere
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What P codes are setting? If you erase the codes which ones come back active?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Brad sorry I didn't respond,just got off work,ookk , I'm having a hard time trying to extrapolate what information I'm supposed to to use about my car, I was told that these problems are kinda common with the challengers,and a couple of your answers were pertaining to dodge trucks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

I can't even begin to know what's going on until I know what codes are setting, so as soon as you get them post them here so I can get an idea on what happened and how to fix it.

Talk soon

Brad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will resend those codes to you as soon as I her off work at 4:00