Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Heats ion stop and go traffic.but is ok on highway driving,

Customer Question

Heats ion stop and go traffic.but is ok on highway driving
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Checked hoses but could find anything..thinking it's either thermostat or I have to change radiator
JA: What year is your Ion?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Think will take it to garage now.Checked hoses changed fan fuse coz I can't hear it but deems to blow up fuse as soon as I put it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.Just that it's an old car maybe
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 10 months ago.

The cooling fan motor or relay is shorted that is why it blows fuse immediately, most likely will need to replace both the cooling fan motor and the relay. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.