Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

My 06 Cummins is reading fan speed and open fan circuit. I

Customer Question

My 06 Cummins is reading fan speed and open fan circuit. I replaced fan clutch a couple a couple years ago at the suggestion of Dodge shop that replaced my ac condenser. I mention this because I discovered missing fasteners on the fan shroud and unkept wiring. My research suggests this can be a problem area for chafed wires/ shorts. I can't find one but a lot to search. Fuse 6 is good, I've checked fan clutch wires for fan damage. I've heard the fan kick on but it seems to fail upon repeated demand. AC is weak at idle. Thank you in advance!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

If the wiring for the fan clutch is intact and the connector is connected and getting power at the correct pin I suspect a failed fan clutch again...

If you need the diagnostic procedure, please post the actual "P Codes" that are coming up and I'll be happy to help...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
P0480, P0483 are the codes I'm getting on my Edge tuner and hand held reader. Please advise further.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

The most common cause for those two codes is a failed fan clutch assembly either by damaged wiring from being hit by the fan blade or simply an internal failure with the fan clutch itself.

I'm posting the diagnostic procedures for the two codes. Run the procedure, make sure the fuse is good and the wiring. If all is ok replace the fan clutch..

P0480 --->> Click Here to view <<---

p0483 --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.