Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2000 dodge neon right front blinker not working but the

Customer Question

2000 dodge neon right front blinker not working but the right rear blinker is good ground to socket the part light works i installed new bulb checked for power to the socket with blinker on there is no power is it possible for the mfs to be bad and cause just one not to work or can the flasher work one and not the other if it fails?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: there is no power to the right front
JA: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the bulb and checked ground also checked for power going to socket with switch on still no power but the rear works and the blinker blinks fast as if the bulb is bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the mfs plug was melted so changed it but not the mfs its self
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I have been researching the diagram for the turn signals, and I do see that there are separate circuits for the front and rear turn signals coming out of the MFS. Actually the front turn signal circuits go through the instrument cluster first, and then out to the front bulbs. I will send you a diagram so you can check this. One tip is that if the right turn indicator in the instrument cluster comes on when you select right, then the MFS is probably ok. If it does not, then the MFS is most likely bad.

Click on the link below to see the diagram.

I hope that this information has been helpful, and if so would you kindly take a moment and rate my service today? I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Here is the link:

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. I have not heard back from you. If it has been helpful, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service today? I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Please let me know why you can't or do not want to rate my service. This way I can hopefully provide better service to future customers. Thanks!