-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I just bought a new truck and need to confirm axle ration

Customer Question

I just bought a new truck and need to confirm axle ration VIN is 3d7ut2cl5bg523576 with 108k miles on it. Many thanks!
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011 crew cab 2500 with 6.7 diesel
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: original engine and the engine needs an oil change. I have the carfax but not with me right now so don't have last service date on me
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No problem w engine, I just need to know the axle ratio to be sure I can tow a 10k trailer.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

I can not get that information from the vin number. Its going to be a 3.73, 4.10, 4.56

You can check this from the tag on the rear axle or you can measure it. To measure it get the vehicle on perfectly flat ground and have a helper. Place the truck in neutral, mark the rear tire at 6 o'clock and mark the driveshaft at 6 o'clock. Roll the vehicle exactly one revolution and count how many times the driveshaft rotates. 3 turns and its a 3.73. 4 turns means its the other 2. Barely past 4 turns means its a 4.10. If it turns 4.5 turns then its a 4.56

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The previous expert is not a dealership technician therefore he can't get the information that I can.. Based on your VIN it comes back on a Deep Cherry Red 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 and you have 3.73 gears in your axles..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Also feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,