Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

ETC light flashing 2006 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Truck not

Customer Question

ETC light flashing 2006 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Truck not starting..only code is P0522. Swinging over but not starting
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The common cause for the code P0522 to set is in most cases caused by a failing oil pressure sending unit providing your engine has good oil pressure. The ETC light come on when the computer system sees a problem with the electronic throttle control system. Since your not getting any fault codes then the next step would be to check for good spark at the spark plug, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. If you can check these things and post back with which one your lacking I will help you determine the cause.