Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Ok I have a 96 grand voyager wit doudble ac and infity radio

Customer Question

ok I have a 96 grand voyager wit doudble ac and infity radio an I swap enigines with my 99 voyager base model everything match up except one plug at the underside of my fuse junction box under my hood but on has 12 pins and the other one has 8 pins how do do I convert this plug problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Can you give me the wire colors for both connectors?
  • With the wire colors I can match up the wires needed so you can get this plugged up and get the car working

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My 98 voyage is a 17778 and my 96 is a17777 do I switch around my the plugs to computer under my hood cause the 96 engine harness is go snag up so I do have 17777 plugs and computer that was in my 96 it's just not in it now an it starts for three second shuts off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All i did was Just swap engine,engine harness and computer from 98 3.3l voyager to 96 3.3l grand voyager
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I put the ecm from 96 back under the hood an swap the enigine harness is plugs around

Here are the fuse box diagrams for both the 96 and 98. Tell me which does match.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/96plymouth.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/98plymouth.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay but mine is 98 plymouth voyager base 3.3l Vin r and In to 96 grand voyager 3.3l
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please send me engine cabin wire harness for 96 grand voyager 99 voyager base Vin r

I rechecked the diagrams, they are the same for each engine liter size offered.

Hello again Chris here,

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cant tell the difference between the two does my 96 have a immobilizer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will a crank position sensor make all other sens [r fail

A bad sensor that is draining the VREF circuit. can effect the computer and all other sensors. The 96 should not have an immobilizer.