Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 97 dodge intrepid that is having issues starting.

Customer Question

I have a 97 dodge intrepid that is having issues starting. It only happens on randomly and will eventually start again. It turns over sounds like is starting but never fires up. Any thoughts
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. The three most common causes for this condition is a bad/weak fuel pump, bad camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How would I figure out which one it is, simply from home before I make unneeded repairs and spend money
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

You would need to check fuel pressure using a fuel pressure gauge and you would need to check the cam and crank signals using a scanner reading live data.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this website going to continue to email me over and over until I just send this deposit before verifying your answers and further asking until the issue is identified at the very least? I can ask the homeless guy in front the local auto zone and I am sure for cash he would tell me he is an experienced mechanic as well. I assumed I would be allowed time to connect the car to my grandpa's scanner and running the mentioned tests to identify the problem. I could google the three main causes also, but i cant google how to diagnose and trouble shoot to find the exact problem, thats what i am paying for here not constant email coming in my phone annoying me on my one night off. I realize you are the PRO not the person designed and managing this site, but I just wanted posted for people to see before they pay that good faith deposit that this site is going to send you multiple emails every few hours (it seems so far today from my experience) remind you of the question and that money they want from you.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and good morning. I am sorry for your frustration. However, please keep in mind I am jut trying to help you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.