Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

ABS, Traction Control lights and message to service 4WD, ESP

Customer Question

ABS, Traction Control lights and message to service 4WD, ESP and BAS came on - all at the same time. The truck is a 2009 Dodge Ram with approx. 54000 miles.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Steve, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

These light can be caused by a failing speed sensor but in order to know where to start you diagnosis you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when these light come on. Are you able to get a scan done and post back with the fault codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can not get a scan today. I'll have to wait until next week. The mechanics and shops around here close of Saturdays. Closest place is about 30 minutes (one way).
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay post back when you can and we can work from there. Your safe to drive with these light on as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks - Good to know I can still drive it.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Your okay to drive, post back when you can and we can work from there.