kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

Hotmail.com07 Dodge Dakota, 4.7. Just recently, the A/C

Customer Question

hotmail.com07 Dodge Dakota, 4.7 cid. Just recently, the A/C stopped blowing forceful air out of the vents. The fan is running on all speeds but not much air is coming through the vents. What air is coming through is around 40 degrees, so the system is charged. Can you tell me what my options are , and what you think it will take to get this repaired?
Thanks,
Walter
Category: Dodge
Expert:  kalamykid replied 4 months ago.

Hi Walter.I am Jamie and will do my best to help you solve this problem. The first thing I would do would be to pull the blower motor out and see if there is any dirt, leaves or paper clogging the blower fan. Most often it is simply that debris has gotten into the fan and it can not push air out through the system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't I have to pull the dash to pull the blower motor

No. The blower motor is on the passenger side of the truck under the dash and can be removed very easily.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They charged me before I have even got a satisfactory answer, and I,m not satisfied with the fan being the trouble. All the other components in the truck work off the same fan, and they work perfectly. Just the A/C is not blowing hard.

I will put in for a refund for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I never did get a refund. There's a lady that chatted with me that said that I haven't been charged yet, and tried to hook me up with another person and charge me another fee like we were starting over again. Looks like I just got ripped off that money. I guess you live and learn. I'm not blaming you buddy. I know it wasn't your fault. ThanksWalter

I am sorry you have not gotten a refund yet. It can take a few days to be processed.