Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

I have a dodge durango 2000 I can drive it for a but then it

Customer Question

I have a dodge durango 2000 I can drive it for a but then it dies and Odometer Says ( no bus) I have replaced the computer still does it what can it be
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is usually the PCM, but a shorted camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor can short oout and make the PCM appear to be "dead" and cause this no buss and stalling. Sometimes a MAP sensor or TPS can short out and also cause this. So do this: as soon as it dies, start disconnecting the sensors one at a time. If the "no bus" message goes away after disconnecting a particular sensor, then suspect that sensor shorting out and replace it.

I hope this information helps, and if so please take a minute to rate my service using the just answer star rating system. I get no credit unless you do.

Thank you, ***** ***** you have any follow up questions, I will still be able to help you even after you rate me.

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Ok, you may have a failed ABS module, or have lost power to the ABS module. Check for any blown fuses first. Then see if you can get a scan tool that will read ABS codes. Your auto parts store may check that for you. Then let me know if the module will communicate with the scan tool. If so, then tell me what ABS codes are present. If it does not communicate with the ABS module, and the fuses are ok, then suspect a failed ABS module and replace it.

Let me know.

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Ignore that last reply. It was meant for another customer. Chris