Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

P2a00 code, po299 code, po730 doce, 2006 dodge sprinter, had

Customer Question

p2a00 code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: po299 code
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: po730 doce
JA: What year is your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 dodge sprinter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had no boost power going up hills
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes plan to fix it myself
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Have you checked the intake system and Turbo Resonator for intake boost pressure leaks?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
well i just saw this problem. how do i test it
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Basically if there is a leak, you will find oil vapor spray near the leakage point. On the intercooler hoses, just check carefully for splits or tears. The turbo resonator is at the turbocharger outlet., If this is bad, you will see oil spray on the hose that runs in front of the resonator. You will also hear an air rushing escaping sound under hard acceleration before the turbo stops boosting and goes into limp mode...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i just replaced the resonator and we are still havening the same problem. The intercooler hoses look good. is there a way to test for leaks?
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

To test for leaks you can have a helper "Power Brake" the engine in reverse while you listen to the intake air system for leaks. You will normally hear a loud air rushing sound coming from the source of the leak...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
while i can't really tell when we do that i do have black smoke dumping out the exhaust. what are the signs of a turbo that shit the bed?
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Just pull the intake hose from the air cleaner housing off the front of the turbocharger and look inside. If the turbo compressor wheel is damaged or "Sand Blasted" then the turbo will need to be replaced...

Here is a pic of a Turbocharger that ingested sand and notice the blades are rounded off and sandblasted..

--->> Click Here to view <<---

If yours looks similar to this, the turbo will need to be replaced....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it definatley does not look like this. is there a way to test if it is working?
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

If you are getting turbo boost until it goes into limp mode then the turbo is definitely working... If you are certain that there are no leaks present, then I would go ahead and replace the Boost Pressure Sensor (MAP sensor) and possibly the Mass Airflow Sensor.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Which one is the MAP and which one is the Boost pressure sensor? where are they located
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

I'm posting a pic that shows the location of the Boost Pressure sensor (aka MAP Sensor). The MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is mounted to the Air Filter housing and the turbo inlet hose is attached to the MAF sensor.

Here is the Boost pressure sensor Location:

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Here is a pic of the MAF sensor:

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.