Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

150 miles untill it goes into 5 mph limp mode it only has

Customer Question

150 miles untill it goes into 5 mph limp mode it only has 49000 on and im on a trip
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just reseting it but i dont have any codes coming up
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: What is a hard reset
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Running edge juice w attitude bu i run it in stock mode as a monitor
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you getting any warning lights on the dash at all with this issue and were fault codes checked with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No fault codes truck is running fine
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Are any warning lights coming up on the dash at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Low tire preasure in the rear tires but its allways on since i put 35 on the truck
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

The only thing I can think of here since there is no check engine light or warning lights related to this issue and no codes is an intermittent internal fault in the engine computer itself.It is the only component that wont set a fault code for itself failing and can cause this issue.Usually if it was any other component at fault this would cause a warning light to come on on the dash to let you know there is a fault as well as fault codes to set that would need diagnosed and repaired.

One other possibility is the throttle body itself.This was a very common fault on this model here needing cleaned free of carbon with a shop rage with carb cleaner sprayed on the rag to wipe out the throttle bore and in some cases the throttle body had to be replaced.Usually this causes a warning light and codes to set but its worth trying to clean to see if it resolves the fault here since it causes the limp mode as well.

If this does not resolve the fault here you will have to have this diagnosed/tested further to pinpoint and repair the fault and unfortunately in most cases when no codes are set the shop or dealer doing the diagnosis wont be able to locate the fault until they can duplicate it.I have had to hold onto customers vehicles in the past for a few days to operate them to duplicate the fault so I could diagnose it and repair it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Aw f**k really
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I wish I had better news for you on this here.I did a bulletin search as well and it didnt come up with anything common on this fault here.The only common issue is a fault with the throttle body as I have had to replace quite a few on this model for the limp mode issue here.But with no codes set it is hard to say for sure and is possible the engine computer is the cause.I wish I did have better news on this here but without duplicating the fault this can be difficult to locate.

You may still be under factory warranty from a dealer to be diagnosed and repaired at no cost to you.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I was informed by another expert here this can be a DEF fluid issue as this model doesnt come equipped with a throttle body.Check and make sure your DEF fluid is at the correct level as it may just need topped off.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I filled it before i started this trip with peak blue def
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do you do a hard reset on this truck
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

The only way I know of myself on a reset is with a scan tool to clear out any fault codes or disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting it.If you refilled it and it is o.k. you may have a fluid quality issue or a sensor issue in the def tank possibly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm headed to the dealership now it's under warranty
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

With it being under warranty they should be able to diagnose and repair this at no cost to you unless this becomes an issue of some kind that was caused by you but it doesnt sound like it is.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You really only told me things I already knew so yes you weren't a whole lot of help but I appreciate the input
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well sir I got it figured out download the kick panel there's a front side bus connector down there that clamps down that connected somehow gotten knocked loose and halfway disconnected
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Wow.that is an odd issue there and probably wont see that again.

Glad to hear it has been resolved.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete