Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

93 dakota: no wipers, radio, or heater fan, and dash lights

Customer Question

93 dakota: no wipers, radio, or heater fan, and dash lights are intermittent. Couldn't find any blown fuses. It runs otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this may be a loose electrical connection or damaged wiring in the dash area causing this fault here needing repaired or replaced.One other common component can be a failing electronic ignition switch needing replaced.If these have not been checked into/tested this needs done to see if this is the cause here with one needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, thanks--I tried changing the whatchmacallit multi-switch, you know the whole turn signal/wiper thing to no avail, but you're saying maybe it's the ignition switch, on the other side where the key goes? And then the dash needs to come off and have a look around in there. I'll try that. btw horn works. Nick
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome

I would check for any broken or damaged wiring or connections and if this is all o.k. this may be the ignition switch itself needing replaced as this can be common.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pete, thanks, ***** ***** I'll do and get back in a few days. Nick
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good Nick.Let me know what you come up with here and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete