Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I put 8 gallons of gasoline with 26 gallons of diesel and

Customer Question

I put 8 gallons of gasoline with 26 gallons of diesel and drove 60 miles. The 3/4 ton dodge truck is running smooth. Should I still be worried about ruining the injectors
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

That is about a 4 to 1 ratio of diesel to fuel, which unfortunately is still within the area where it will damage the injectors, high pressure pump and lift pump.

To minimize chances of damage, you really need to drain the tank, change the filter and refill with diesel. This will greatly, greatly reduce the chance of damage as the only mix left in will be what is in the line to the high pressure pump, the pump and the injectors, which will be less than 1/2 gallon.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.