-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

The backup camera is blank on the screen. The radio

Customer Question

the backup camera is blank on the screen. The radio steelworks on the screen in the truck so I suspect that there's some disconnects signal from the wiring to the tailgate camera or possibly a fuse. I also have an error on my trailer indicator on the dashboard.
JA: Besides the radio, are any other circuits affected?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2012 Ram 1500 laredo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm hoping to fix myself. I haven't tried anything yet other than inspect the camera which appears to be okay and the plug harness which seems to be intact without any corrosion
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I would place it into reverse with key off and see if the camera comes on when you start wiggeling the tailgate wires thru the body and to the camera itself. If it doesn't flash or become static then you may have a bad camera.. I have a spare here at the dealership that I plug in when diagnosing camera issues, but if you don't see any wiring issues it's likely a bad camera..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,