xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  asetech
6149662

2000 dodge stratus 2nd time back at the shop for right rear

Customer Question

2000 dodge stratus 2nd time back at the shop for right rear shoes melting off the shoes, drum hot and wheel cylinders rubber melted!!!. Left rear brake is fine with not problem. what could be the problem with the right rear brake!Could it be a bad wheel bearing or parking brake cable!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  xsvector replied 4 months ago.

was the wheel cylinder seized?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no wheel cylinders movers back and forth or side to side!!
Expert:  xsvector replied 4 months ago.

do you know if the break hose has collapsed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not know that!! I do know the wheel bearing is awful crunchy, and is getting ready to be replaced!!
Expert:  xsvector replied 4 months ago.

if the wheel bearing is crunchy its bad...thats likley the cause it is likley loose...

Expert:  xsvector replied 4 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!