Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge 1500 slt pickup when driving the rpm's fluxate almost

Customer Question

dodge 1500 slt pickup when driving the rpm's fluxate almost like it is trying to shift into another gear
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

At what speeds does this occur? How many rpm's does it fluctuate by?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was doing it this morning on my way to work at about 75 mph. The rpm's go up 400 to 500rpm's . On my way home it done same thing at lowers speeds
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay, was offline.

It sems like you may be having a problem with the torque converter locking and unlocking.

Since this is a 4.7l it should have the 545RFE transmission. This transmission has OBD capabilities. At ths time I HIGHLY recommend to have it scanned for codes. If you can post any transmission codes that are retrieved here, I can help you narrow down the cause...

You may be able to have it scanned at your local parts store, they may have a code reader that can read transmission codes. Let me know if you can have the codes read and we can go from there...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert