Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I would like to remove the two separate single seats in my

Customer Question

I would like to remove the two separate single seats in my 2003 Caravan and move the back bench seat into the second seat position.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2003 Dodge Caravan-two front seats, two middle seats, and bench in the third (back) position.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can see the 'bar
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 'bar' at the bottom front of the seat-don't know if it needs to be pushed down or pulled up to release the seat locking system....
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this bench seat wont bolt up properly in the second position unless this model was designed for this.In some cases the bar is pulled up to release the seat then you can see if they can be swapped out like this here.If this does not work by lifting it let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete