-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2005 2500 dodge cummins. it starts good when engine

Customer Question

I have a 2005 2500 dodge cummins. it starts good when engine is cool. it turns over &over when it is hot. not sure what is going on with it. had it to the dealer 2 times and a diesel shop once. they have done numerous tests but have not taken care of the problem yet. they have changed the injector pump , replaced fan clutch
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are there any codes when it won't start? If not then you need to check the lift pump for 500ml in 10 sec to the CP3 pump. If you do have 500ml in 10 sec then you need to perform a injector return test, if excessive you will need to either start blocking off each injector to see which one is bad or just replace all of the injectors..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad