Tony Peake
Tony Peake,
Experience:  Service and Parts Manager at CastleRock Jackson

2014 ram 3500 6.7l cummins, 22,000 miles. Issue: 5 mph max

Customer Question

2014 ram 3500 6.7l cummins, 22,000 miles.
Issue: 5 mph max in Xx miles, service DEF, see dealer.
Check engine light was on initially. Had 1 code, p207f,. Cleared code using reader.
CEL is no longer on, but the message remains.
Actions I have taken: drained DEF fluid and replaced with new. Replaced NOX sensor 2 (downstream). Disconnected batteries while working on it. Reconnected. Test Drove vehicle for about 20 miles.
Message still appears, have 14 miles left before 5mph max message counts down.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tony Peake replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am the service manager for a dodge dealer in Jackson Hole wy. You need to get it towed to a dealer ASAP there is a new tsb 18-088-15

for this condition that needs to be performed on this truck it involves inspecting def spray and quality any intake leaks and replacing the scr cat if needed. you are still under warranty I will get you the roadside number so it can be towed at no charge to you. As part of this tsb there is also a ecm update that needs to be performed. 1-***-***-**** they will need your last eight digits of vin miles and contact info they will tow you to the nearest dealer. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

have you had it towed yet. Just curious how its going.?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. It didn't need towing it drives under its own power. I am looking for a DIY solution. I know I can take to dealer. Says it on the dash. I am travelling and dealers can not get to it this week. I'm over 1000 miles from home. Need a DIY solution.

I wish there was one you can keep clearing it out but at the end of the day it needs to be repaired . Where are you I am happy to make calls and try to pull strings to get it done for you. the parts have been on backorder but we have finaly got some in Jackson Wyoming so I have to assume they are spreading. please let me know where you are.

the flash and scr cat is the fix we have done over 30 tourist now and got them back on the road. And home safe with no shutdowns.

please answer so I can help you .!!!!