sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a q1989 dodge w350 with à 360. With throttle body.

Customer Question

I have a q1989 dodge w350 with à 360 Cid. With throttle body. Won't start or show spark. Replaced coil , coil pickup and plugs. Also distributor cap..seems to get to start I unplug and replug the pin wire leading into the distributor. But lately of I pour fuel in the throttle body it will start but then won't after running an errand. Thinking throttle body issues or the fuel regulator, or the sensor on the back of throttle body? Can you help me where I need to look... I thought the problem had to do with the dampness of the weather also. Tjanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things you could have going on and there may be more than one issue.

If it doesn't have spark at the time it doesn't sart then you could have an ASD relay circuit issue, it could be the coil, pickup plate, wiring, the powertrain control module may not be awake.

When it doesn't have spark does the fuel pump still run when the key is first turned on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks.. i did all those, i am wondering about the throttle body, fuel regulator, and is throttle body considered a carburator and the fuel pressure that should have?

I thought you were missing spark?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am on the road driving. when i get home i would like to talk then.the vehicle has 170,000 on it. when humidity is high the truck has issues.

Ok.