Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Have a dodge charger 2014 SXT rwd drove through some bad

Customer Question

Have a dodge charger 2014 SXT rwd drove through some bad flooding car stalled and now won't cut back on lights and electronic electrical still work what is the problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. How deep was the water in this case? Is the engine trying to turn over?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was pretty deep and engine is trying to turn over it makes a click when I push the push to start

Ok. Couple of different things could have happened in this situation. It is possible that the water shorted the starter itself so it does not have the power to turn the engine over. In this case the starter would need to be replaced and the electrical system would need to be checked. Another possibility is the engine could have sucked the water through the air filter. In this case water could have made its way into the cylinders in the engine. The water would need to be drained and the engine checked for internal damage. Since the water will not combust, it can cause internal engine parts to bend.

Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

If you still need help with this concern, please post a reply. I'm happy to help and have some ideas for you to check the possibilities for yourself.

Keep me posted.

Thank you for using JustAnswer,

Robert