Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

U0101 code plus abs light, tire spin light and a traction

Customer Question

u0101 code plus abs light, tire spin light and a traction light on
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: 3 lights plus check engine light with u0101 code
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2010 sprinter 3500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unplugged the battery terminals, cleared the check engine light twice, it's in limp mode as well - only 2nd gear
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i replaced the rear brake lights that were out
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here may be related to a wiring or connection issue to the anti lock brake control unit or an issue with the anti lock brake control unit itself as I have seen some of these fail in the past before.This will need checked into/tested further to help pinpoint and repair the component at fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,A wiring issue to the ABS would trigger a Transmission Control Unit Check Engine light?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Yes,if there is a wiring issue to the abs unit or an internal fault with the abs unit itself this can cause a data communication loss causing a U code to set and cause other lights to come on and in some cases shifting and running issues.I cannot say for sure from here this is the cause here so this will have to be tested further to be sure that it is wiring or the anti lock brake unit needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete