AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

The Right front brake caliper on a 2006 dodge charger will

Customer Question

The Right front brake caliper on a 2006 dodge charger will not release. I've replaced the caliper and the master cylinder but the problem persists.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself if I can figure out the cause and the repair isn't too difficult. I've replaced the caliper and the master cylinder but it still will not release after the brake pedal has been pressed.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Have you replaced the brake hose? I have seen brake hoses that have collapsed on the inside but that collapse is not visible on the outside since it is made in 2 layers. When that happens, the extreme pressure from the action of braking is enough pressure to get past the collapsed hose and apply pressure to the rotor, but the fluid can not return from the caliper to the master cylinder when the pedal is released. I would definitely replace that hose before moving forward.