Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2012 dodge 4x4 deisel truck

Customer Question

2012 dodge 4x4 deisel truck
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hey my sons are broke down in sc and we live in ky the water pump and fan belt came off they got it back on and it still squeaks they have gotten to a gas stations can you call them on their phones and see if you can help them get it fixed they are both mechanics on big trucks ricky joe(###) ###-####its his truck my son is trying to help ronnie jay(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is anyone their
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Unable to complete a phone request at this time but we can communicate via this site.

You stated that they "Put the Water Pump back on". Did they reinstall the original water pump or was the water pump replaced. Was the original belt reinstalled also?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they replaced both i just know what they told me will it be easier for you to call them because i dont have all the details
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my husband is a mechanic to and he thinks something is trying to lock up on the truck
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not near a phone at this time...

Can they tell where the squealing noise is coming from? What area of the engine compartment? Did the belt get wet with coolant during the repairs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok my sons phone is dead but they have facebook on their phones can you reach them that way
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
or i can call them and relay between you if you can reach their phones
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what do you need to know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is their another mechanic that can reach them by phone they have kids with them they are 3 cars they have been on vacation they are worn out
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the #'s that work are 606 (###) ###-#### (###) ###-#### (###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
robert are you still there my # is(###) ###-####but i am in ky
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

I'm going to opt out and open the question for other experts, Hopefully one is able to complete a phone request for you I'm not available for phone request at this time.... sorry.

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you do i have to type all the info in again
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
will it be tonight it won't be 24 hrs will it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did you find anyone robert
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

The question is opened up to all experts, if anyone can help, they will post a response... You won't have to retype as they will see this same thread and can respond after reviewing this thread. I have no way of knowing when someone will respond.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
alright thanks i am just a nervous wreck with worry
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

I understand, It may be advisable for them to remove the belt again and turn all pulleys by hand to see if any of them are binding or feel rough. IF any feel questionable it may be a good idea to replace that pulley. If all pulleys are ok, tell them to start the engine with the belt off to see if there is any noise present. IF there is noise, it is likely internal engine. If noise is now gone it is likely caused by the belt.

If the noise was not present with the belt off, tell them to reinstall the belt and start it again and check for noise. If noise is present it is likely the belt. If so, make sure it was routed properly before condemning the belt and replacing it again...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks i relayed the message but no one has called yet they are gonna do what you said and check all of that and let me know what happens
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Sounds good, I'll be here in case you need to relay some info back and hopefully we can get this figured out in the mean time in case you don't hear from an expert via phone..

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this says i have accepted a phone call but no one has called does the one that takes over know that the phone was dead the(###) ###-####and he will have to call one of the other #'s
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i just updated the contact info for the phone i didnt see that before
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Ok, good, That may have been the reason that they couldn't reach you. Hopefully you'll receive a call soon..

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they are suppose to call me when the mechanic calls but they were doing what you said the last time i talked to them i will let you know when i hear
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Have you heard back from your son yet?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no i will call now
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

If you can get his email address, I may be able to communicate with him via email. If you want to try that, go ahead and accept the premium service offer that I can submit for Email Correspondence and I'll be happy to communicate with him via email....

let me know so I can submit the premium service offer...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Don't enter email address here for privacy concerns, there will be a private contact info area for the email address once the offer is accepted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they still haven't called them they are they checked the pulleys they feel alright but they didn't start with belt off trying to put belt back on but they don't have the diagram on truck it had come off so they are going by one on their phone
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

At this time, it appears you are stuck with me... If you want to try the email correspondence, let me know so I can submit the offer. If you don't receive a call you won't be charged for the call unless the call is completed by an expert. At this time you have only paid the "Deposit" for this question that remains in YOUR JustAnswer account until you decide to spend it by rating with a 3 star service or better.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they just called and some how the tentioner got broke while working on it and i guess we are gonna have to find a way to go get the truck but we don't have anything do you have any suggestions on how we can get it home
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

The tensioner is very easy to replace. The tensioner is attached by a single 13mm fastener. It really is not any harder than replacing the serpentine belt. Since they have already successfully installed a belt. It should be easy for them to install a newly purchased tensioner. This will save the hassle and expense of you going to get the vehicle. I suspect that they should be able to purchase a tensioner at a nearby AutoZone, Oreilley's or NAPA auto parts.

If you need a step by step on replacing the tensioner, let me know and I'll be happy to help...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they called auto zone they cant get one till tues they are gonna call the other two tomorrow thanks for your help i guess i have to wait until they find the part to see what to do next they said they can fix with he part
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i can't get the stars to show up for your rating
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Just let me know that you would like to rate me and with how many stars and I'll submit with customer support and have them manually credit me within 72 hours...

Thanks in advance for a positive rating...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

It's probably because I opted out and there is no way for me to "Opt back in" to the question...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
5 stars for helping me in situation i can't control from where i am thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Thank you very much and for using JustAnswer.

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through >>> My Profile Page <<< (Bookmark this link and share it with your friends). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

Robert