Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access

Dodge Ram 1500 2004 Engine light came on yesterday, I have a

Customer Question

Dodge Ram 1500 2004
Engine light came on yesterday, I have a code reader and got P0700, cleared the code and drove it for 15minutes getting it to normal operating temperature, Truck shifts good through all gears. Engine light did not come back on. Is there ant immediate issue to worry about? Taking it tomorrow of 90mile drive.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** means the transmission control module detected a problem and requested to turn on the check engine light which can mean just about anything. Considering light hasn't came back on and transmission shifts fine I think you are fine for the*****tomorrow. Next time light comes on you can turn key on-off-on-off-on within 5 seconds and diagnostic codes should be displayed on odometer. Once you get codes you can reply back to this answer at anytime without additional fees and I can tell you most likely problem. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK...Thanks...Had the transmission serviced 17,000 miles ago in 2013. Was a bit concerned since part of the drive if a steep mountain road. Best to put in 2 gear up the hills?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

It depends on how steep and how long you are going but keeping it in 2nd is the safe route. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.