Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Shortly after cold start, while driving, you get a

Customer Question

Shortly after cold start, while driving, you get a hesitation and shudder in the engine. After a few minutes it goes away when the engine warms up. Check engine light blinks and flashes as when the hesitation starts. 2009 Grand Caravan 4.0L V-6, 171,000 miles
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It is on, then blinks when the hesitation starts and audible chime as well.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes... I am a reasonably competent shadetree mechanic. Was going to get the code run when I got the chance, but figured I would goodle it first for some insight, and that brought it here.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Timing belt water pump changed at 160K miles, it is still on the platium plugs installed at roughly 100K miles. No other ignition or fuel parts, sensors or service done.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

the check engine light flashing , is random multiple misfire , most likely when you scan you will have P0300 for fault code.

1-Check the fuel pressure first .( 58 psi -+ 5 psi )

2-Check ignition coil ( you can ohm them out using a voltmeter on ohm setting , test them all and see which one is off.

1- check fuel pressure

2009 Dodge or Ram Truck Grand Caravan V6-4.0L

Save Article

FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE 400 kpa ±34 kpa (58 psi ± 5 psi)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat