Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When I start my 2013 dodge grand caravan the AC has a delay

Customer Question

When I start my 2013 dodge grand caravan the AC has a delay in starting. Once it does start it works great until I turn off the car. Also while it is waiting to start the rear defrost light blinks. Once it starts the blinking stops and the AC light comes on as it should. What does all this mean?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you have auto or manual climate control?

How long of a delay are we talking about?

Does this occur on a cold starts and hot restarts?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a manual climate control. The delay varies from 10 seconds up to one minute. Sometimes on both and sometimes on neither.

This is going to be a failure of the totally integrated power module or the HVAC control. Diagnosing both will require a scan tool to link up through the communication circuit. Is that something you have the ability to do?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris