Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

It will start like nuthing is wrong with it stay runnin

Customer Question

It will start like nuthing is wrong with it stay runnin for a minute or 2 an stall out replaced the computer board still same results dash board gears light up with boxes all around them ignition starts clicking doir locks sound as if youre locking an unlocking them
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes maintenance is up to date ..on vehicle very paticular about that ..checked all fuses has a new cam shaft. Sensor ...took for a diagnostics was told it couldnt b anything other than computer seeing as in hiw it doesnt read any codes...but replaced that still the same git it to stay on for few min. Longer than normal engine light starts flashing stops then starts again counted up to 53 54 flashes before it stalled out doin the same things ????
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 dodge durango slt 3.7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes always do ...did a fresh tune up replaced computer board has a new camshaft sensor took it in for a full diagnostics said it was computer still no change
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Was driving an it just cut. Off.. If u let it sit she restart no problem but only runs for a minute or 2. ...dash lights an locks start to flash an flicker an door locks an ignition get to clicking she putters/stalls out like it runs out of gas...has half a tank! Hit gas petal no pressure but fuel in my fuel line HELP
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Was the crankshaft position sensor replaced? How about the integrated power module located under the hood? Were the powers and ground checked going into the PCM when this happens? I suspect you have an electrical/wiring issue or possibly a bad module on board the vehicle. There are several modules on board the vehicle rather than just the PCM. Did you pull codes using the OBD2 connector? If not, this is your next step. You might have communication codes (for the ABS module or integrated power module for exmaple) that will help pinpoint the root cause. I do work all day but will be back on line tonight. Talk to you then!

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!