Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

I have a dodge ram1500 quad cab slt hemi 4x4 5.7L i just

Customer Question

hello i have a dodge ram1500 quad cab slt hemi 4x4 5.7L i just changed my fuel pump now it wont start runs ruff but only will start a couple secs put a code reader on it came out po113 wat to do
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

The code you mentioned is just for an intake air temperature sensor, which should not cause the truck not to start, but could be related to a loose air intake duct, which possibly could cause your issue. First, try to make sure that the air cleaner housing is properly secured and sealed against the throttle body

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wheres the throttle body it starts but only a couple seconds then dies out plus he had cut off the cataylactic converters off put regulars straight pipe in sed it ran good then but when he put the pipes on it started acting like that again i dont know if hes takin me for a ride or wat

So you are saying that the problem you are describing happened only after your mechanic removed the straight pipes and put back on the catalytic converters? When did you change the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well it just quit no signs nothing just shut off so i thought fuel pump cause it sounded like it wasnt gettin gas so he sed he changed the fuel pump it started but ruff and really shakin i heard it too it was a rumbling so he cut the converters off sed it ran good so he went toget pipe and clamps put them on now it runs shitty again had no engine light on till i delivered it to my moms and sed that the engine light came on so we put the code reader on and it came out po113 so idk
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
now hes txtin me sayin its a map sensor

it could be a map sensor, but you need to ask him to check for vacuum at the map sensor before it is replaced. it is very difficult to diagnose that kind of issue without being in front of the truck personally. I would ask him to check the map sensor vacuum supply, the fuel pressure and the exhaust backpressure. If it runs ok without the exhaust hooked up then it sounds like an exhaust backpressure problem but again, without testing this it is hard to say. I hope this info helps

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thats wat he sed a mappin sensor but i wasnt sure is that an easy fix how much for the part didnt know nif he was takin me for a ride

It is hard to say for sure without testing it myself but it is entirely possible it is the map sensor. I would ask him to replace it if he is sure but I would ask him if you have to pay if it is not the problem.

please don't forget to leave a positive rating and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hi bud, just checking in to see what happened with the map sensor. I also wanted to remind you to leave a positive rating if you were satisfied with my service.