Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

The driver's side blows cold (sort of) and the passenger

Customer Question

The driver's side blows cold (sort of) and the passenger side is hot. In the winter I can feel cold air coming in through the console where the stereo is.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: no, I wasn't sure where to start and dodge said it would be 225.00 just for them to check it out.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2005 sxt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing, I'm not sure where to start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's a retired police cruser.....for what that's worth
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. There are several SXTs, can you tell me which one your working on , need the Model, is it a Magnum, Caravan, Durango? Post back with complete information and I can help your with this concern.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's an 05 dodge magnum with the police package
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay thank you for that, the most common cause for type of problem you are having is in most cases providing you AC system is full and the pressure reading are in specs is caused by a failing RH side blend door actuator and in most cases replacing it will solve this concern. See the actuator in the link below.