Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist

How do I disconnect my hazard lights on a 2005 durango

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am sorry but by design this is no possible, The lights are computer controlled and run through called CAN BUS to 2 different modules, The module are computers, the FCM, front module controls the turns and hazzards, I promise if a wire could be cut etc? I would provide but it is not that simple, There is not a fuse, nor a flasher relay, its all computerized, Here is the formal description below

The hazard warning system includes the EMIC, the FCM and the multi-function switch on the steering column. The EMIC monitors a hard wired multiplex input from the multi-function switch to determine the status of the hazard warning switch, then sends the appropriate electronic hazard switch status messages to the FCM over the CAN data bus. The FCM responds to these messages by controlling a battery voltage output and the flash rate for each of the right and left turn signal lamps. The FCM also sends the appropriate electronic messages back to the EMIC to control the illumination and flash rate of the right and leftturn signal indicators, as well as to control the click rate of an electromechanical relay soldered onto the EMIC electronic circuit board that emulates the sound emitted by a conventional hazard warning flasher.