I am really looking Dodge Ram Expert. This says is online,

Customer Question

I am really looking for a Dodge Ram Expert. This says Chris is online, but it wants to connect me to another mechanic that does not seem to have the specific expertise I am looking for.
JA: What year is your Ram?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I will fix this myself. I have tried many many things. It would take much time to list it all here.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I hate this automated response
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Please post your question about your Dodge Ram on this page so all Dodge Experts can view your question. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1999 Ram 2500 Cummins with Auto trans. FASS Fuel Pump.
I have the dreaded "No Bus" problem. Sometimes I start her up and I have all instruments, and the world is good. She drives like a dream. More so than not, she has no gauges functioning and I have "No Bus" I have had the PCM sent out and tested and it is fine. I have replaced the Crank Position sensor as I was getting P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance, P1698 and P1690 codes and even after I changed it out, I get the same codes. I have also removed and cleaned the instrument cluster. There are countless documented issues all over the diesel chat boards regarding this with all kinds of solutions that are not solutions. At best they seem to work and then same problem rears it head again. Shame on Dodge.
I also now have the ABS light and Brake light on. I changed out the speed sensor on the rear and still have both lights on.
The worst part is she is not driveable anymore. She will start and run but after a short time, she chokes and bucks. I have to throw it in neutral and keep the RPMs up when braking otherwise she'll stall. Sometimes if it does stall, she'll crank but not start. then I unplug the three connectors from the PCM and she will then start back up and I can limp home if Im close. This is driving me crazy.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for sending that information. The right expert will be with your shortly!

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is a very common problem, and most of the time, its a loose connecion, C130 at the under hood fuse box, the power distribution module, have you looked at this connector and seen if the bolt is loose?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is the white box with the bolt through the middle of the cover?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

the bolt goes through the connector, it holds the connector on,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will double check it. What is it. a ground connection that causes the problem?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

if its not loose, then remve the connecgtor and clean all the terminal real good,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK Tim, I am on it now. Ill see how that works
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

let me know,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Green corrosion on the pins. you might be on to something here,
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

yes, clean them good with a electrical contact cleaner, then use dielectric grease on the pins and reassemble it,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got excited there for a minute. I cleaned up real good and thought maybe this would be it, but the problems are still there.
Whats next?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tim, What do you think?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.