Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I just brouth an 2002 dodge ram 1500 quab cab 5.9 But i have

Customer Question

Hi i just brouth an 2002 dodge ram 1500 quab cab 5.9
But i have some problems becouse after i beougth it i went out of gas so i went to the gas station and try to put gas but on the cap says diesel only ,,so i put diesel and the truck works i drive like 3 minutes to home ,,after that i ask the previous owner and he told me the truck its an gasoline truck so i replace the diesel with gasoline and try to start the engine now the truck doesnt start well star and turns on but just like 3 seconds and turns off
I found an mopar logo on the engine and well the truck have a lot after market parts and i hope that you guys maybe can help me to know if the engine its an diesel or gas engine ill add some pictures please check them and let me know if you can help me thanks i really need help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Alex replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** for using Just Answer.

Can you upload some pictures of the engine compartment? I can tell you if the engine is gas or diesel if I see some pictures.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you see the pics?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The thing that get me confused its that when i run out of gas i went to the gas station and put diesel and the truck was fine i drove to my home like 4 minutes and when the previous owner told me that the engine its gas i didnt muve or turn on the truck i just replace the diesel with gas and the truck dont work just turns on like 3 seconds and then turns off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This truck have lots of after market parts and i think the engine was replaced so i dont know if its the original engine