Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I'm not getting any fuel to my engine my fuel gauge is not

Customer Question

I'm not getting any fuel to my engine my fuel gauge is not working and I've replaced the fuel pump and it still wont pump
JA: Has your car been stalling?
Customer: No my car at my truck is not startDisregard first sentence my truck will not get fuel engine turns over fuel gauge is not working all my relays are good on my fuses are good I'm not getting no power to my fuel pump
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: Dodge Ram 1999 1500 5.9 liter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all my relays and I check my fuses they are good I've replaced the fuel pump and I still do not get any power I am not getting my fuel pump my fuel gauges not working it still reads empty and I know it has a half a tank
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had one fuse that was to my oxygen sensor that was burned out I replaced that it was a 15 amp
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you checked for codes in the computer? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!