Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1996 Dodge Stratus with 2.5 engine that will not

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Dodge Stratus with 2.5 engine that will not shut off whne the key is turned off. Some of the instrument panel lights stay on. and engine continues to run. The only way found to get the engine to shut off is to pull the fuel relay. Any Ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

If you unplug the ignition switch does it stall. If so then there is a concern with the ignition switch or linkage to it.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris