Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My dodge 2006 dodge Stratus dosen't start, put in new

Customer Question

My dodge 2006 dodge Stratus dosen't start, put in new battery, new starter, new battery relate. Turn the key on everything comes car don't turn over.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: i didn't try that
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery, new starter, new battery relate
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Do you see any security lights on in the dash? When did this start happening? Do you hear any clicking when your trying to start it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no security light, no clicking
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
start happing 3 days ago
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Ok do you have a test light because we need to test the starter relay and see what were missing. Open the hood and remove the starter relay and tell me if pins 30 and 86 have 12v, then see if 85 has a ground signal when trying to start..

Talk soon,

Brad