-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Hot air on drivers side, cold air on pass. side, when all is

Customer Question

hot air on drivers side , cold air on pass. side, when all is set for A.C.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: no have not
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2010 dodge caravan sxt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, just happened today, checked fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thinking it may be hvac blend door
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Do you have manual or AUTO A/C? If you haven't checked the freon level then that's always the first thing to do but if it's full then you have a blend(Hot/Cold) door actuator issue.. Let me know what a/c system you have and I will show you where the actuator is so we can see if it's moving..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
checked coolant ,full no leaks . a.c. blowing real cold on pass. side
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Coolant has nothing to do with the a/c. If you haven't checked the freon level then that's always the first thing to do but if it's full then you have a blend(Hot/Cold) door actuator issue.. Let me know what a/c system you have and I will show you where the actuator is so we can see if it's moving..

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Are you just looking at what could be the issue or are you going to be doing the repairs?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also where is blend door located,,, do NOT start a free trial. thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

I have no control over the free trial and again I need to know if you have Manual or AUTO a/c? Also are you just looking at what COULD be the problem or are you going to be doing the repairs?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

I still haven't got a reply from you as to what type of a/c you have so I can show you where the actuator is.. Do you still need help?