-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a 2002 dodge 1500 4.7 there is a ticking noise at

Customer Question

i have a 2002 dodge 1500 4.7 there is a ticking noise at start up and real loud as i excelerate. as soon as i let off the throtle it quiets down. oil pressure is fine
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: passenger side for about two weeks
JA: What is the model of your '02 Dodge?
Customer: 1500 ram slt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to fix it myself but dont know where to start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i just had work done on the engine where thy replaced the rings and two pistons and shaved the heads
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Do you have a video of the noises so I can see if I can tell what it is? If it started after the work was done then yes something is not right and I would run it much. Is the noise at the bottom or top of the engine?

Talk soon

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
top end
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Is it under a valve cover? Can you take a recording with your phone and upload it here?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Do you still need help?