-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a 2005 dodge cummins 5.9L. My dash code come up P0299

Customer Question

I have a 2005 dodge cummins 5.9L. My dash code come up P0299 Manifold Pressure Sensor out of range low! Can this cause a Turbo Under Boost, the truck runs very sluggish!
If so where is the Manifold Pressure Sensor located. Thanks for any help you can give! John
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

The code you have is P0299-BOOST IN RANGE LOW. I have attached the proper diagnostics that will need to be followed to determine the issue.. It could be a bad MAP/Boost sensor if all the turbo and intercooler hoses are good. I also attached a location of the MAP/Boost sensor..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,