-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Car is saying key fob not detected. I have it in my hand.

Customer Question

Car is saying key fob not detected. I have it in my hand. Worked fine all day. Now stranded at grocery. 2015 Durango
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: My other remote is at home. I am out of town. All other functions on fob work fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I need to fix it myself. Nothing. I have no idea what to do.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Can you take the remote itself and push the start button with the remote and see if it will start. If it still will not do you have another key at home to try? Can you disconnect the battery for 5 min and reconnect to see if a had reset will help?

Talk soon

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help?