Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am driving dodge calibre 2011 and the Electronic Throttle

Customer Question

Hi
I am driving dodge calibre 2011 and the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Light come on when I switch ignation to start the car. When I switch lights the lights on the dashboard goes deam. The car struggle to pull what seams to be a problem. Sometime it pull fine until the light is on the car stop pulling.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Today it couldn't start after few attempts it finally started ....sometime this Electronic Throttle Control Light go off and the car pull better
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the electronic throttle controls consists of the APP(accelerator pedal position) sensor, the engine control module, and the electronic throttle body. These are connected by a wiring harness. The APP sensor reads in voltage how much the gas pedal is pushed or released and sends a signal to the ecm and then to the throttle body to open or close it accordingly. This is a fly by wire system and has no throttle cable.

Most of the time it is the electronic throttle body that has failed, but on occasion may be the APP sensor. Before replacing any parts, the ecm should be scanned for fault codes which will tell the area of concern so that the correct part is replaced

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.