Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 with a Mercedes diesel it

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 with a Mercedes diesel it runs only 3000 RPM sometimes and now it runs a little while and it stops turn key off and it starts again and sometimes it doesn't start up with no power hardly at all and sometimes it starts out with more power and goes up to speed then it stops we put in the squirrel accumulator valve on a pump in the gas tank
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: We have an impact we started in park or neutral and afterward we start driving this goes like 10 or 15 20 miles an hour in about within 30 seconds it stops
JA: What is the model of your '07 Dodge?
Customer: 2500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We put a new fuel the fuel pump in the gas tank I knew EGR valve newest curl activator a new map sensor I know air flow sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It will start and idle all day it is when you go to Kohl's when it when your speed the engine up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Answer me in a text message
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What are the current codes that are coming up in a vehicle scan?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have the cold here right now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not going to pay $26 to do it on the telephone or through on the text
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What else do you want to know are you here yet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The only code that did come up where exhaust temperature codes
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Exhaust temperature codes will cause limp mode. Do you know the actual "P Codes" that were retrieved? If you can post the actual codes, I can give you some ideas as to what may be wrong..

Take your time, we can continue here whenever you are ready....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The code that we pulled off I have at work tomorrow morning at 5 o'clock I'll I'll post it to you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The other thing that it is doing that gate or regulator for the turbo that never goes down and then it only runs to 3000 we can take off the mass flow sensor wire and it works better sometimes
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

This is all tied together, this is part of "Limp Mode". When the ECM detects a problem that can cause damage to the engine or exhaust system it will put the engine into limp mode and will NOT allow turbo boost. This is why the boost actuator will not move properly..

I'll be here when you post tomorrow...

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you find out why they charged me $5 and $23
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

For any issues about billing and payment, please contact Customer Support at <a href="mailto***@******.***">*****@******.***</a> . They will take care of any issue you have with billing, payment, your subscription, etc. - As an Expert, I only provide advice on technical matters in my field(s) of specialization.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NF code p0087 and code P 2420
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We put another a different reader on it I come up with p0110 intake air temperature circuit and 0-100 mass volume air flow circuit Anna p242f accumulator ash
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

I'm posting some diagnostic info on those codes posted. At this time, you may need to run a stationary regen to get the P242F to go stored. If it won't run, you may need a new DPF if it is plugged. This can be checked by inspecting the DPF outlet. If it is damaged you will need to replace the DPF. You may be getting the MAF codes if you have an intake leak or the DPF is plugged so keep this in mind. Since the two scanners had different results, To make sure that the codes retrieved are correct, I recommend scanning at the dealer as many of the "Generic" Scanners or Code Readers have problems communicating with Sprinters and due to that, either are unable to retreive codes, or the "generic" codes that are retreived can sometimes be incorrect....

For now I'll post some helpful info on the codes that you did post:

P0110 --->> Click Here to view <<---

P0100 --->> Click Here to view <<--- MAF HI --->> Click Here to view <<--- MAF LO

P242F --->> Click Here to view <<---

P2626 --->> Click Here to view <<---

Read through all these docs to get some ideas as to what to do, If you need help let me know, I'll be happy to step you through diagnosis if necessary...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a lot better scanner now that we're working with when we were driving down the road there's only 1.5 volts going to the injection pump and the opposite the sensor for the foot feed is only putting in like 12 to 15 and 25% we think that it's is not starving for fuel and you're going to put in there that sensor by the foot feed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are going to replace the accelerator sensor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The three main code that came up when we were just good together work for fuel at the rack pressure not high enough
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Do you mean the accelerator pedal assembly? The Accelerator Position Sensor is part of the Accelerator pedal. You didn't post any codes for the APPS circuits, APPS won't cause the codes that you posted....

Which 3 main codes are you referring to? Post the actual codes here....

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Here is an equivalent diagnostic chart for the P0087. Keep in mind that it is best to scan with Witech Scan system (Factory scanner) for best code results.....

P0087 - --->> Click Here to view <<---

Let me know which are the 3 main codes that you are basing the accelerator sensor replacement on and I'll give you my thoughts...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The clothes that we pulled off and on a good scanner are 2359 2021 2017 2047 and 2626 and when we drove will need 1.5 volts to the injection pump and then settle accelerator only was wondering about 25% when we had it to the floor
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

How many miles are on this Sprinter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
400000
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Has the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) ever been replaced?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you mean the catalytic converter
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

No, The catalytic converter is before the DPF. The catalytic converter is first in line out of the turbo exhaust outlet, the DPF is further downstream next to the transmission pan and before the muffler... Has this ever been replaced?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
81 only runs at Harley at all so we I cut that off and put a pipe in between it just today now I drive but it stops like you try to go a little 50 or 60 but it stops periodically
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Ok, this last round of codes that you have posted WILL all cause LIMP MODE. At this time, I recommend to solve these codes and the engine should run normal. The P2359 is for low boost so you need to look carefully for causes for low turbo boost. Intercooler hoses are common along with possibly the intercooler itself. Another possibility is the Turbo Resonator. Lastly a failed turbocharger can be the cause...

Three of the other codes are related to fuel rail pressure. The most common cause of these codes would be a plugged fuel filter. Replace it if it hasn't been replaced yet. If that is not it, the cause could be anything from fuel pressure solenoid, fuel quantity valve, worn out injectors or worn out injection pump... You will need to run appropriate fuel return and volume tests to find this cause...

The P2626 is the one for a plugged DPF. Since you have installed a "test pipe" you must get this code to go stored before it will be allowed to clear. This code may cause limp mode also. To get the code to go stored, run the "initialize DPF using a NEW DPF" routine and perform the MAF sensor initialization procedure. Also you will need to verify that the correct "injector correction codes" are entered into the ECM as this can cause some of these codes also such as the P2359... All these routines require a "Capable Scanner"....

Here are some more diagnostic procedures for this last round of codes:

P2359 --->> Click Here to view <<---

P2021 --->> Click Here to view <<---

P2017 --->> Click Here to view <<---

P2047 --->> Click Here to view <<---

I already posted the chart for the P2626 above...

Read through these to determine some additional possibilities...

Once you get all these codes to clear and remain cleared, the vehicle WILL run correctly....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.