Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My2010 Dodge Charger died while I was driving it I replaced

Customer Question

My2010 Dodge Charger died while I was driving it I replaced the alternator and the battery what could be the issue there's 102000 miles on it 6 cylinder 3.5
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Is the check engine light on? How often does this happen? randomly or at idle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It happened the once and the car won't start no check engine light one but the esp bas light has been on for a couple weeks
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

I do not see the abs and esp light affecting the engine stalling.

You need to check fuel pressure at the rail, the pressure should be about 50psi with the key on. Also check all fuses. Fuel pump fuse and it would be a good idea to check them all.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I check It at the rail
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Remove the intake tube at the throttle body. Spray some throttle body cleaner directly in the throttle body, then try to start it, if it fires at all you know you are not getting fuel.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you have a diagram for this
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

You use a fuel pressure gauge set that is able to get inline with the fuel line and the rail to check fuel pressure. Do you hear the fuel pump buzz when you turn the key on? It should buzz for a few seconds.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There's a buzz but idk what it's for but your getting very technical and I need you to dumb it down a bit I'm a women with zero experience
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

With a no start you are going to need tools and testing equipment to diagnose the root cause. You will need a scan tool.

Sorry to say, but you will need a shop to get this running again for you.