-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I just put Ina replacement stereo in my 2002 Dodge Ram. Now

Customer Question

I just put Ina replacement stereo in my 2002 Dodge Ram. Now the power locks only work when the truck in on or in acc??? What happened??
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just plugged it in
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There were three extra wires that were hooked up to an aftermarket CD player that I disconnected. Are there wires in the main radio harness that control the locks??
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Fuses are fine. Locks work but only when the truck is running
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

I would check the IOD fuse under the hood.. I would be it's blown, and make sure to locate it as the IOD fuse. It's in a holder and it controls the radio, interior lights, locks, etc..

Let me know what you find