-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Can you help me? 2001 dodge 2500 diesel started then died.

Customer Question

Can you help me? 2001 dodge 2500 diesel started then died. will turn over but not start. engine control fuse is blown. put new one in and blew immediately? any advise
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes engine turns over good. battery? just bought the truck
JA: What is the model of your '01 Dodge?
Customer: ram 2500 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes...new fuel pump. nothing doing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: engine control 2 fuse blows
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Can you tell me what the fuse number that is blowing? I just want to make sure as my wiring diagram shows it to be fuse 3 and if it's #3 that is blowing then it also supplies voltage to the Injection pump, PCM and ECM. I would disconnect each one until it quits blowing and then replace that component. I have attached a wiring diagram to help.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad