Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

3 misfires. Replaced valve springs, coil packs and plugs.

Customer Question

3 misfires. Replaced valve springs, coil packs and plugs. Bench tested injectors and checked good. Swapped injectors. Misfirefire stays with #3. Test light connected with injector. Injector working. Bring rpms up slowly or rapidly to between 2500 and 3500 rpm. Cel flashes. Test light goes out. Injector loses ground. Several minutes pass ground returns to injector. Only happens when high in rpms 2500 and higher. Till last night. Injector lost ground at 1000 rpm
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

What codes are active in the PCM? Were the valve springs broken? If you leave off the valve cover and spin it over does the rocker arms for #3 cylinder move as much as #1 and #5? What is the compression of #3 cylinder?

Talk soon,

Brad