-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My 2010 Dodge Caravan - the ESP light comes on and will not

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl! My 2010 Dodge Caravan - the ESP light comes on and will not go off, even when I push the button on the dash. Is anything seriously wrong with my van? Thanks.
JA: Do you know the code? When was the last time you had new tires mounted?
Customer: New tires were mounted just a couple of months ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would love to save from having a repair bill so if there is anything that I can do, please let me know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

So did the ESP light come on by itself? IS the brake and ABS lights on as well? If it came on by itself then there are codes in the module that I will need for you to have read so I can see what's going on.. Can you post the codes here?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Only the ESP light - it doesn't take on, and it varies as to when it comes on and off. I just had new tires put on the van in April but have not had any trouble until the weekend of July 2nd and then it wasn't trouble, just aggravating that the light goes on and off. When you say "module" do you mean the user book that came with the van? Also, when the ESP light is on, it shows a vehicle with what looks like skid marks behind it. Thanks.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

If the ESP light is on you will need to see what codes are in the ABS module with a scantool.. It could be a bad wheel speed sensor but you won't know which one until the codes are read..