-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

It makes a whooshing sound when accelerating. It sounds like

Customer Question

It makes a whooshing sound when accelerating. It sounds like wind blowing. The sound goes away at highway speeds.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: The vehicle has 170k miles. The transmission has never been serviced.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 Durango with a 4.7 engine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it. I have not tried anything as of yet. There are no CEL illuminated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work fulltime for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership, and work part-time for JustAnswer. We are compensated for our assistance by ratings, so before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating I would greatly appreciate it and you can still reply to me as many times as needed after you rate. I strive for a 5 Star rating*****

Noises and sounds are very hard to diagnose, especially over chat. I would be glad to help with this issue but I will need for you to take a recording of the noise and upload it here so I can listen and give you the proper way to repair it..

Talk soon,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Do you still need help?